I had some interesting thoughts at work the other day I'd like to share. I work on the mother baby unit at McKay Dee as a clerk. One of the doctors came in and was talking about a patient of hers who had just given birth naturally. She said what a "rock star" this girl was. I thought, "gee, that would be nice to have my doctor say that about me. But I guess I don't deserve that sort of praise. I had an epidural." Then I thought again. Any woman who has given birth, whether naturally, by c-section, or any level of medicated delivery, is a "rock star". Giving birth in any way is a major feat! Just think, even if you had some sort of medicated delivery-you still pushed out a baby. And if you had a c-section, you went through major abdominal surgery and endured everything that came with that.
So I just wanted to put it out there that it shouldn't matter how a woman gives birth, but the fact that she did is amazing!
Thanks for letting me voice that!
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Thoughts about birth
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
it is only that way in the States. Here in new Zealand we still use midwives and pain medicine is not the norm. Kind of scary that way when you are more use to the other way.
Agreed. Now a days I think any woman willing to bear and/or raise a child is a rock star. So many people now avoid being mothers or abort the "oopsy" pregnancy. Moms in general tend to be rock stars! Thanks for letting me share my thoughts. BTW, your slippers turned out cute. I still haven't done the second one yet. :)
I COMPLETELY believe any woman who has given birth (naturally or not) is a rock star! And everyone has different experiences in child birth... my visiting teacher didn't think she was in labor, but went to the hospital to have a baby 30 minute later saying a natural birth wasn't bad at all. I, on the other hand, was "checking out" during contractions I was in so much pain and BAWLING before I was even dilated to a 4. And then I had my second baby... I was dilating quickly and having a baby within the next thirty min and still was in no pain. So now I understand how some women can do it, and some can't. Some women are just born to have babies that aren't painful, or at least not as much as other women.
I agree, carying a child for almost a year, giving life, and birthing a baby and then nurturing that child makes you a rockstar! Every baby is amazing and the most important thing is being educated and making the best decisions for you and your baby and having the best birth for you. While I am pro natural birth, I also know things don't always work out that way, and there is no less honor in that. Not to mention if you don't want a natural birth, the experience would be awful for both of you anyway :)
I agree, carying a child for almost a year, giving life, and birthing a baby and then nurturing that child makes you a rockstar! Every baby is amazing and the most important thing is being educated and making the best decisions for you and your baby and having the best birth for you. While I am pro natural birth, I also know things don't always work out that way, and there is no less honor in that. Not to mention if you don't want a natural birth, the experience would be awful for both of you anyway :)
Post a Comment